Do you think that digital marketing is right for your business? Are you thinking that it is just a trend that will disappear in the next few years? Then here are some statistics for you to consider:
- 81% of consumers trust blog content, even if they don’t know the brand.
- Blogs have been rated the fifth most trusted source of information online.
- 61% of consumers will make purchasing decisions based on blog content.
- B2B business blogs can generate 62% more leads.
- 73% of online consumers are frustrated when they read content that is not relevant to their interests.
- A third of consumers expect brands to be creating and publishing content via a blog.
- Content marketing has improved brand awareness report 70% of marketers.
- Growing brand awareness is the main objective for 85% of marketers.
- Brands that generate more than 15 blog posts per month receive 70% more leads.
- Blog posts that contain at least one image gain 94% more views.
- Only 5% of online users will read every line of an article. Yet many will share it with their peers.
- Businesses that prioritise their blogging campaigns are 13 times more likely to receive a positive ROI.
- Companies who blog receive 92% more links to their site.
- Social media is accessed by mobile phone by 71% of users.
- 89% of businesses have a social media account.
- Food and drink brands are the most popular on social media, being mentioned one third of the time.
- Social Media has increased traffic for 80% of businesses using it.
- 52% of brands generated a lead from their Facebook activities in 2013.
- A short Facebook post will generate 23% more interaction than a longer one.
- Facebook posts under 250 characters can generate 60% more interaction.
- 35% of Facebook fans have liked a page so they can participate in a contest.
- 42% of Facebook fans have liked a page so they can receive a discount coupon.
- One quarter of consumers expect a response within one hour when they’ve made a complaint on social media.
- 59% of companies have integrated their email and social media channels.
- More than half of businesses using social media have said it has helped them sell their product.
- 74% of consumers like to receive promotional material via their email accounts.
- 52% of UK consumers are motivated to subscribe to an email marketing list to receive vouchers and discounts on products.
- 91% of email users check their accounts every day.
- 60% of UK consumers have made a purchase online because of a marketing email they have received.
- 39% of brands have no marketing strategy for mobile email.
- Only 11% of brands send out mobile optimised emails.
- 48% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
- 19% of brands send out birthday wishes to their customers via email.
- 43% of brands who use birthdays as part of their email marketing strategy find it very useful.
- Only 15% of brands are using abandoned cart email strategy.
- The volume of infographics increased by over 800% between 2011 and 2013.
- 83% of learning is done visually.
- 93% of communication is done non-verbally.
- Every nine days there is more content uploaded to YouTube than the BBC has produced throughout its entire history.
- 65% of consumers will share videos they have seen via social media.
- 70% of consumers will perceive a brand more positively after seeing interesting video content.
- Video is watched before text by 60% of all web users.
- 20% of video watchers are viewing the video in relation to their main occupation.